[squeakland] Re: [etoys-dev] Re: [JIRA] Commented: (SQ-682) 'forward by' when snap to grid is true move one gridspace forward.

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Mar 22 12:28:33 EDT 2010

'forward by' when snap to grid is true move one gridspace forward.

               Key: SQ-682
           Project: squeakland
        Issue Type: Feature
        Components: etoys
          Reporter: Karl Ramberg

When snap to grid is turned on it would be nice if forward by moved the
player one grid space forward. Like wise for all the height, width turn etc
that they reflected the preference griding and showed the grid values
instead of the pixel values.

>>> I agree it's a big change and maybe you are right.
>>> Maybe it' just complicates stuff unnecessary.
>>>
>>> But we kind of do this on the pixel grid already by moving one pixel
>>> forward ;-)
>>>
>>> Another related change is defining movement to for example centimeters
>>> instead of pixels.
>>>
>>> But it is a fundamental change and need more discussion.

Randy, what do you think, would you like to have that for your perimeter
lessons? Maybe to write a script to calculate the perimeter?

Rita