[squeakland] education team meeting notes

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue May 4 10:25:43 EDT 2010

Here are the meeting notes from April, 29. You can also find it on the wiki:

http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/2010/05/04

Greetings,
Rita
Rita, Christine, Bruno, Randy, Kathleen, Avigail, Steve, Cathie, Cherry

#1 Squeakfest: Rita showed an outline from Sridhar about how the Squeakfest could be strucured. Avigail asked if we will exclude elementary school teachers? We will not exclude them, it depends on what kind of presentations we will get. The call for papers should start soon, submisison via email to UNCW and education team.

#2 Squeakfest website: Rita will try to update the website, if this will not work, we will start a new one.

#3 blog and newsletter: Cathie suggested to start a blog somewhere and collect information. Since the blog on Squeakland still isn't working properly, we will start a Google blog and link to it from the website. By talking about Google we came to the conclusion to switch to Google Groups with the education mailing list and try it out. Steve created it immediately :)

#4: textbooks: There is a need for a new textbook, a replacement for the powerful ideas. We started to talk about how this could look like, this is still in progress.