[squeakland] New Squeakland Board

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu May 6 17:48:11 EDT 2010

Dear Squeakers,

I'm happy to tell you that we have a new Squeakland Board in place! On
our last board meeting at April, 27 we came up with a list of
candidates, and everyone accepted. We now have Rita Freudenberg,
Cathleen Galas, Walter Bender, Scott Wallace, Ted Kaehler, Randall
Caton, Elliot Miranda, Cherry Withers, Kathleen Harness, Marta
Voelker, Milan Zimmerman, Carlos Rabassa, and Korakurider on the board.

http://www.squeakland.org/about/people/

I want to thank everyone on the previous board for all the work you
did during the last year, especially the leaving board members Kim
Rose, Yoshiki Oshima, and Tim Falconer.

On the meeting, we also discussed how to proceed with the
incorporation of Squeakland. We decided to apply to become a member of
the Software Freedom Conservancy (SFC). This is a 501(c)(3)
organisation, and all members will get this status, too. Also, SFC
will handle the tax issues. SFC is focused on free and open source
software projects. We will find out, if Squeakland is eligible, since
we do not only focus on software, but on education, too. We plan to
have monthly board meetings, and publish meeting notes afterwards. Let
us know if you are interested in joining the meetings!

Greetings,
Rita

Rita Freudenberg
rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de