[squeakland] Re: [etoys-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Brand new Ubuntu experience with etoys

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 15:13:09 EDT 2010

--- On Fri, 5/14/10, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> From: Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
> Subject: Re: [etoys-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Brand new Ubuntu experience with etoys
> To: "Jerome Peace" <peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com>
> Cc: etoys-dev at squeakland.org
> Date: Friday, May 14, 2010, 2:36 PM
> Am 14.05.2010 um 10:49 schrieb Jerome
> Peace:
> >
> > Plus the current 10.04 real installation does not
> install the plugin hook. How would one test that this real
> installation exists and works as planned?
>
> Step 1: Install.
> Step 2: Try to view a project on Squeakland.

Well, yes. That's what I have just had the chance to do. I am thinking about something to automate that. How do we get down-streamers to know what they have works. How other than personally testing could we insure it works downstream? I am thinking aloud here. I am not trying to task you with something. Just trying to voice a story I would like to see implemented.

There's still something nebulous in that story. So I'll leave it on a back burner for a while.

> > Etoys Illinois is like the squeakland showcase. Trying
> to launch on 10.04 brings up a page similar to the original
> one on squeakland (before you modified it). That pages
> plugin here link leads to a similar download page to the one
> on Squeakland. My curiosity wonders what they do to stay in
> sync with upstream?
>
> Seems to be a question for the Squeakland list.

Fair enough. You've fielded enough of my questions. Thanx.

> > Also there very existence makes me wonder how many
> other near mirrors and showcases there are out there?
>
> Ditto.

Yours in service and curiosity, --Jerome Peace