[squeakland] Free - Free music for Etoys projects

Carlos Rabassa carnen at mac.com
Mon Nov 1 08:04:12 EDT 2010

Bert,

I found that by dragging an mp3 file to the Etoys desktop,  you may play it but couldn´t do much beyond that point.

I am using Etoys 4.1.1 for Mac but more important would be to get advice for XO users.

Can you include it somehow in a script?

Thanks for pointing us to jamendo.com.

We received that same recommendation from

	franmate at gmail.com

through another list in Spanish:

	voluntarios y administradores OLPC para usuarios docentes <olpc-sur at lists.laptop.org>

Jamendo.com seems to be the best place.

I have to read it more carefully because all I found so far was where to pay to obtain legal music.

I need something to point out to school kids without any doubts in my mind it works and it is legal and free.

Very interesting the other link about Creative Commons.

Same thing,  I have to read it more carefully.

Specifically I looked into their "International" tab and saw they have arrangements in several countries but not in Uruguay.

Bert,  thanks for your comments and specially,  thanks for sharing your kid´s video,  it was a good example for the music but also was nice to see them enjoying their skating.

Carlos Rabassa
Volunteer
Plan Ceibal Support Network
Montevideo, Uruguay