[squeakland] changing language in Etoys with Russian font

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Nov 1 13:06:28 EDT 2010

On 31.10.2010, at 02:03, Liliya Makarevitch wrote:

> Hello!
> I have many Cyrillic fonts on my computer, and I tried to load fonts from Etoys,
> but in all cases I get the same message - Cannot load additional fonts.
> I don't know which fonts are needed for Etoys.
> I have Russian Windows on my second computer, but the same problem is with it.
> Your advices do not work. What additional ideas do you have?
> Thank you, Lilia

Hi Lilia,

I contacted Nikolay Suslov, lead developer of the Крестьянство SDK (*) which is based on Squeak (like Etoys), but uses Cyrillic text extensively. He kindly worked on a patch for us. I opened a ticket with his progress:

	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-890

As you can see he got it basically working. Now we just need to verify this doesn't break anything and then we can make an updated version of Etoys.

- Bert -

(*) http://www.krestianstvo.org/