[squeakland] education team meeting notes

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Nov 4 11:18:33 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

here are the meetings notes from last week's education meeting. Our next meeting is today, 1:30 EDT on Skype. Let me know if you want to join!

Rita

On our meeting last week Cherry reported from the OLPC-SF summit. Rita asked about suggestions for her online presentation at International conference on ICT for Development and education, Nov 16-17. We got contacted by Gary Lebowitz, who is interested in long-distance training and validation of teaching approaches using Etoys. We will schedule a talk with him and the ed team.

We then discussed what infrastructure to use for organising the work of the education team. Some weeks ago, we already decided to use the tracker. But there are some concerns about the usability of jira for our tasks. We came to the solution to use jira for the to-do-list, and then have wiki pages related to issues, where we discuss and comment. At the end we continued the discussion about our plans to rewrite the "powerful ideas" book within Etoys. And we need to put more of our material on visible places on our website!

http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/2010/10/28/education+team+meeting%2C+October+28

Rita