[squeakland] Example of using Etoys as a "playthink" for teaching and learning

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Wed Oct 6 22:13:20 EDT 2010

Folks,

I created a set of Pattern Blocks using the Polygon object and a set of
transformation tools.

Here is another video example of how you can use Etoys in the classroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzLLQ6am_Rg

A copy of the project can be found on Squeakland
here<http://www.squeakland.org/showcase/project.jsp?id=10216>,
I also created a Blog
Post<http://mrstevesscience.blogspot.com/2010/08/fun-with-pattern-blocks-and.html>
with
some more details on the scripting used, but the simplest is to look for
yourself. Get the viewers from the transformation tiles and look at the
"doIt" scripts for each object.  I'll put up a post/screencast later on the
player variable, which took me way to long to find and is very useful.

Feedback and suggestions for uses and improvements always welcome.

Stephen