[squeakland] [etoys-america-latina] Aprendiendo Etoys

Carlos Rabassa carnen at mac.com
Mon Oct 18 10:47:18 EDT 2010

El Original en Español sigue al texto en Inglés

Translation of message received from Ana Trujillo in Uruguay via america-latina,  the Portuguese/Spanish Squeakland forum.

translation starts

Carlos,  what a happy [surprise]!!!  I agree completely with this form of learning.  This was why we wanted to share this project.  For it to be used.  Also we are enriched by people with your spirit,  who share their own challenges.  The goal has been more than reached.

As you well know,  we are starting our incursions into Etoys.  It is true that many times intuition is accompanied by good luck and we find something that works.  When someone else finds another path,  we increase our knowledge.  Also our motivation to keep searching and learning grows.

May I thank you on behalf of my fellow students and my own,  for this contribution.

Yesterday I also had another moment of big happiness.

During a perfect whole day training session conducted by RAP Ceibal  (Plan Ceibal Support Network run by volunteers), they showed us examples of some projects from the showcase [Squeakland's Showcase].  And, among those [examples] was "Arte Indigena"

[ link  http://squeakland.org/showcase/project.jsp?id=9980

added by the translator]

I remembered when you helped Lidia and me to publish this project in the showcase.

I was happy to see the effect is now multiplied with more educators,  encouraging them to think "yes, it is possible".

Receive a great hug for Nenny and you.

translation ends

Note:

Ana and her fellow students are active teachers who at the same time study in one of the "Facultades" that integrate Uruguay's Universidad de la Republica [UDELAR],  Facultad de Humanidades.

One of their professors,  Prof. Lidia Barboza Norbis,  has given them great encouragement in addition to their academic curriculum,  including field assignments,  some of them including Etoys.

Sorry for any errors,  it is difficult for this old man to keep up with so many programs and so much enthusiasm.

Please publish any corrections or additions as answers to this posting.

Carlos Rabassa
Volunteer
Plan Ceibal Support Network
Montevideo, Uruguay