[squeakland] vote for your favorite web & showcase issues

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Wed Sep 1 19:55:40 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Timothy Falconer <teefal at waveplace.org>wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2010, at 1:18 PM, Steve Thomas wrote:
>
> Tim,
>
> Thanks for all your efforts.  Couple of items to add to the list:
>
>    1. User should remain logged in  (ie: don't have to login every time I
>    come back to the site)
>
> This is http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-609, yes?

Yes.

>    1. Have the Project pages be Wiki pages, were you can create more
>    content and easily edit descriptions of projects. This would allow the
>    inclusion video, graphics and more in depth support material for teachers
>    and users.
>
> Can you add this an an issue with more detail? (What do you envision the
> page looking like.  You can even upload a scan of a napkin page if you like
> :)

We could have a couple of options, but I am thinking of two main ones:

   1. A Wiki page that has a project png image and the name to the project
   you made public.  The rest of the page is a free form Wiki, the user can put
   whatever they want. The text of the page will be editable so the author can
   add more detail (lesson plans, suggested uses, etc) similar to:
   http://mrstevesscience.blogspot.com/2010/06/tools-to-playlearnteach-with-m.html
   2. A pre-formatted page(s) (for example something like:
   http://illuminations.nctm.org/LessonDetail.aspx?ID=L346, the actual
   format should be decided by the education team, this is just an example).
    We could have a couple of "templates" the user could choose from.

Thanks,
Stephen