[squeakland] [etoys-dev] How can I get an Event Theatre recording to play with a script?

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 03:51:54 EDT 2010

On Friday 10 Sep 2010 8:50:48 am Steve Thomas wrote:
> I want to have an Event Theatre recording play when I turn to a new page in
> a book.
>
> I know I can change the "When this script should run?" from normal to
> opening, that will cause the script to fire when I open a new page, but how
> do I get the Event Theatre to start playing?
Event Theatre is the recorder which publishes a "tape" (PlaybackInvoker morph)
of your recording. Clicking this button starts the playback. There no tiles in
this button to playback but you can create a text script:

playback:
    self costume renderedMorph launchPlayback.

and invoke it from the book to start the playback. This will create a morph
(EventPlaybackSpace) in which the "tape" will be played back.

HTH .. Subbu