[squeakland] ManualSep13

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 08:26:26 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 22 Sep 2010 5:15:34 pm Rita Freudenberg wrote:
> Then I probably didn't explain it good enough. It has nothing to do with
> saving here. You can draw many objects on your screen. But when you open a
> painting tool and start drawing, everything you draw before you click on
> "keep", will be one object. That's what I mean with "drawing on one page".
Strictly speaking what is being sketched is a dress for an object. For a new
painting, the object is born when you press keep and the sketch becomes a
birthday dress for it. When an existing morph is repainted, it gets a new
dress.

BTW, not all objects wear a dress. When I enter the following Text :
   Object allSubInstances size
and press CTRL+P and wait for a few seconds, I got 365,253. While the Text
   Morph allSubInstances size
yielded only 1966. So naked objects outnumber dressed ones nearly 200 to 1!

Subbu