[squeakland] adding morphs to etoys

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 12:22:29 EDT 2010

On Thursday 23 Sep 2010 6:26:47 pm carlos.crosetti at mostar.com.ar wrote:
> Hi, I am experimenting with etoys and have found that its foundation is
> the Morphic framework.
Yes. Morphic is the GUI and Etoys is a Morphic app. It is a live scripting
system for morphs.

> Is tere a tutorial showing the guidelines for
> a  Morph to become well suited, like to follow the protocols, show in
> panes, supplies or a new flap?
An excellent introduction to Morphic is in:
 http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/morphic.final.pdf

Once you learn the basics, you can browse EllipseMorph or ImageMorph for
examples.

Etoys scripting system is accessed through the 'eye' halo button. 4.x images
come with tutorials and galleries containing many examples of scripting. There
are also online videos and showcase projects at http://squeakland.org

HTH .. Subbu