[squeakland] loading a jpeg or gif file into the world

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Sep 25 07:56:40 EDT 2010

On 25.09.2010, at 05:22, Carlos Crosetti wrote:

> Hi, creating a sketch using the brush is fine for drawings... how can I load an image file and move, stretch, rotare as any other objects?

Drag and drop from another application. E.g. on the Mac, drag it from the Finder. In Windows, from the Explorer. In Linux/Gnome, from Nautilus. Etc.

In Sugar, drag and drop from the Journal works too (via the frame). But it is simpler to press the Etoys toolbar button to insert an object from the Journal directly.

- Bert -