[squeakland] Radioplay

tom.staubitz at fhtw-berlin.de tom.staubitz at fhtw-berlin.de
Wed Sep 29 17:39:50 EDT 2010

Hi,
I'll begin to work on my master's thesis in the next couple of days.
The topic of this thesis will be the production of intercultural radioplays with children. It will be done in cooperation
with the Berlin based children's radio Radijojo[1]. The current plan is to provide a story framework into which sound snippets, produced by children around the world, can be integrated.
We are planning to target as many platforms as possible but our main goal is to enable the production of these plays on the OLPC XO. We will be producing a prototype and a user manual/tutorial how to reproduce similar plays. Radijojo offers to publish these radioplays on air and on their website. The second option would also allow visually enhanced radioplays. I'm currently researching which software would be suitable for our needs. I've been playing around with Etoys for a couple of hours and I've been really impressed by its features.
My first question is if there is a possibility to extract/export audio recordings from within Etoys projects so that they can be edited and broadcasted. I've read in the documentation that it is at least possible to import audio files.
My second question is if there is a possibility to export a Movie/Slideshow that can be embedded in a webpage and does not require an additional plugin? Currently interactive elements will not be required, so any kind of linear playable format such as .mov, etc. would be sufficient.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Tom

[1]http://www.radijojo.com