[squeakland] How can I do an Http Post in Etoys?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Apr 8 14:20:32 EDT 2011

On 07.04.2011, at 07:36, Steve Thomas wrote:

> I am trying (without much success yet) to figure out how to post images to Picassa and post a Blog entry using the Google Data API
>
> I am able to figure out how to use HTTP Get
>
> script1
> | t1 |
> t1 := HTTPClient httpGet: 'http://www.google.com/search?q=squeak'.
> self setCharacters: t1 asString
>
> That seems to work, but how do I do a POST? (an example project that actually connects to blogger or picasa would be nice ;)

POSTing isn't that hard, but it won't help you much. The major obstacle with the Google API is that you need to use https which Etoys does not support.

You would need the SqueakSSL plugin, and the SqueakSSL + WebClient packages for that. It would not be unreasonable to include these in a future Etoys release, so you're welcome to experiment ;)

- Bert -