[squeakland] loading and image file and making vanish after a while

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co
Mon Apr 25 10:04:16 EDT 2011

Hi,

El 23/04/11 21:11, Steve Thomas escribió:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <
> offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co> wrote:
>
>>> 2. Can I use alpha channels to make the loaded image fade after a while
>>> once it appeared?
>>

> So one way to make a loaded image "fade"  us to place a playfield over the
> image (with alpha = 0), then have a script that increases the alpha to 100
> over a period of time.  The playfield should be the same color as your
> background.
>
> Also it would be great if you could share the code that loads the image and
> make it appear on the screen.

Sounds good. I have decided to create a "biography of a incomplete
project" as my "interactive art" project talking about how it started
with "physical etoys", went to "Etoys" then Pharo, but still is not
finished (in Spanish) I will be sharing the link with you.

The code to load a file is this:

x := ImageMorph new.
x image: (Form fromFileNamed: '/home/offray/Temp/myFile.png').
x openInWorld.

Cheers,

Offray