[squeakland] [IAEP] Plan Ceibal y/and General Electric

Alan Kay alan.nemo at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 09:43:55 EST 2011

I don't think of "teachers" or "teaching" as dirty words. And I don't separate
them by age group, profession, or whether parents or not. (Do I have to say that
good teachers facilitate learning ....?)

There are lots of poor teachers in the world (for many different reasons), but
it's important to understand that no child ever invented Calculus, nor did any
adult until very recently in our 200,000 years on the planet. Good teachers are
vital, and most especially for the powerful invented ideas and knowledge that is
less strongly built into our genetically and culturally fashioned brain/minds.

So we need good teachers from our peers, our parents, our schooling systems, our
vocations, our delights, etc.

Best wishes,

Alan