[squeakland] Etoys on an interactive whiteboard?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Feb 25 13:11:39 EST 2011

On 25.02.2011, at 09:23, David Corking wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Bert Freudenberg  wrote:
>
>> I doubt that Smartboard actually supports multi-touch. And even if it did, Etoys would
>> have to be modified to support it, just like I did for the iPad version.
>
> OK - I won't make multitouch a priority. I think that maintaining
> image patches (and perhaps even vm patches) for numerous brands of
> multitouch devices may become a bit of a headache for Squeak/Etoys
> community coordination.

We have managed to support all devices and operating systems with a single image so far. There is no need to worry that would not be possible in the future. The patches only have not been integrated because multi-touch is still in its early stages of support.

But as far as I know, Smartboard only emulates a multi-button mouse, not a multi-touch device. If you know otherwise, what protocol are they using?

OTOH, a Wii-remote based white board would support multi-touch. That might be a fun project to explore.

- Bert -