[squeakland] How can I fill a polygon with a graphic

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Wed Jul 20 01:03:27 EDT 2011

So I have a fraction cutter that can split a polygon and separate the halves
by moving them apart.

I want to be able to allow a teacher (or student) to select a graphic to
place inside the polygon so they can cut cakes, cookies, pictures of
themselves etc.

The polygon has an option from the menu to set "fill style" to "bitmap
fill".  But "choosing a new graphic" is not straight forward (an option
similar to a player variable where I can click on an costume would be nice).
And "grab a new graphic" does not allow for the precision I need and
requires some trial and error which makes difficult things I want to be
easy.

So is there a way to "choose a new graphic" in smalltalk code?

Stephen