[squeakland] Browser Plugin fails

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Wed Mar 16 07:35:51 EDT 2011

Me too!

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Markus Schlager wrote (at
http://forum.world.st/Browser-Plugin-fails-fwd-td3357731.html )
> I'm using the current Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1 on ubuntu maverick with firefox
> 3.6.15.
>
> I ran the npetoysregister-script in order to register Etoys with firefox.

Unfortunately Markus I don't think the Firefox plugin is supported in
Etoys To Go, and the documentation discourages the plugin.

However please post if you do figure out what is wrong.

* <FORKING THE CONVERSATION> Meanwhile, the Firefox browser plugin in
the official Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10) package did not seem to
automatically install for me (on 32 bit x86), though it is only Etoys
4.0.

Unfortunately, I don't see any updates in the pipeline for the April
Ubuntu release (11.04 Natty Narwhal) but perhaps I looked in the wrong
places:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/etoys
http://packages.debian.org/sid/etoys
http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/sugar-etoys-activity

If anyone has suggestions, please post. If it is only me that
experienced the plugin failure on the official package, then I won't
file a bug report with Ubuntu.