[squeakland] Browser Plugin fails

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Mar 16 07:41:05 EDT 2011

On 15.03.2011, at 18:55, Markus Schlager wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using the current Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1 on ubuntu maverick with firefox 3.6.15.
>
> I ran the npetoysregister-script in order to register Etoys with firefox. The output was:
>
> ---8X----------------------------------------------
> „/home/markus/.mozilla/plugins/npetoys.so“ -> „/usr/local/share/Etoys-4.1.1.app/Contents/Linux-i686/npetoys.so“
> „/home/markus/.npsqueak/npetoysrun“ -> „/usr/local/share/Etoys-4.1.1.app/Contents/Linux-i686/npetoysrun“

That does not look like a fresh Etoys-To-Go. Did you move it to /usr/local/share and rename? That's not a good idea, because the to-go version is set up to write its files next to its install location. Normally that is a USB stick, but your home directory would work as well. /usr/local won't work because it is write-protected.

> When I try to launch a project on squeakland's showcase, Etoys starts and shows the following
>
> What's wrong?

Not quite sure. Does this happen with other projects, too?

> When I download the .pr-File and load it into Etoys everything works fine.
>
> Markus

Great! :)

- Bert -