[squeakland] How can I evaluate an Expression in Text

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:28:14 EDT 2011

Hi Steve,

>From a script of the text object you can write:

Compiler evaluate: self getCharacters.

and if the text contains a valid smalltalk expression it will work,
otherwise it will throw an error. I don't remember exactly how to catch
syntax errors, though. I did it for the spreadsheet object last year, but I
wasn't sure if that's the right way.

As for the format, I have no idea. Sorry.

Cheers,
Richo