[squeakland] Simple Coin toss program

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Wed Oct 12 02:10:25 EDT 2011

I made a Coin Toss
project<http://www.squeakland.org/showcase/project.jsp?id=11342>that
starts with an Etoys challenge for you to build your own coin toss
race. You could ask kids what to run a bunch of races, compare results and
if they noticed anything about the way the coins move.

I also played around with how to help folks find certain tiles on page 2
using Event Theatre. The problem with this approach is it doesn't work when
you switch languages (because it records mouse position)  Would be nice to
have some way to add a "how to find this tile" mechanism, for etoys
challenges and for folks looking at other peoples scripts. Perhaps an
<alt><click> to help show where to find it.

Also on the last page is a visual that you can "scroll" to see the pattern
of heads/tails.  It broke down when I made the playfield length ~10,000 (the
stamped, images re-arranged when I started scrolling.

Stephen