[squeakland] Charts (was: New Graphing Tools)

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Sun Oct 16 21:38:32 EDT 2011

Nice work.  I like the idea of adding a number line. Some thoughts comments
and questions:

If I understand your implementation, you have a horizontal and vertical
scale. Then you for each scale you select the "current object" you wish to
operate on, to sets its vertical/horizontal position to the "current object
position in chart" for each scale.

I think it would be better if you could somehow set the playfield's "scale"
based upon the number line(s).   When you add a scale to a the playfield,
the objects in that playfield have their X and Y values set to the scales
you added.  Then if you "move forward by | N" it moves forward not by N
pixels but by the scale settings.

Another possible approach is to have a collection for each "scale". Then all
objects in that collection will have their X, Y values set to and use those
scale(s).

It would also be nice to have "set of scales" as one object (an X and Y
scale) and one collection to make it simpler to add to both in one step.

Stephen
'*Invert*, *always invert*' ('man muss immer umkehren')
                                                        - Carl Gustav Jacob
Jacobi

So instead

   1. I would rather be able to set the "scale(s)" for the whole playfield
   or perhaps set an object to use the number lines scales as opposed to the
   world's/(playfield it is embedded in) scale.