[squeakland] [Q] How to handle the script with many tiles

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:51:45 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Steve Thomas <sthomas1 at gosargon.com> wrote:

> Young-Jin,
>
> Good question, a scroll bar sounds like a nice enhancement request
> (created one here <http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-1084>).
>
> Two ways I can think of to deal with this for now:
>
>    1. You should be able to get the Scripts Halo and then use the "Move"
>    icon to move it up and down, not ideal but it does work.
>    2. Switch code to "show code textually" to get a text representation
>    of the tiles, of course changing things here does not translate back to
>    tiles when you "revert to tile version..." any changes will be lost. If you
>    do make changes be sure to type CMD-S (on Mac) or CTRL-S (on PC or XO).
>
> Stephen

I suggest

3 Refactor script into smaller parts

Big scripts are quite hard to handle and a scollbar is sometimes a good
solution. But often is a big script a sign forma refactoring of the code
into smaller and more manageable

Another suggestion:
It would be nice to be able to collapse pats of scipts into single lines
like a directory file browser.

Karl