[squeakland] [etoys-dev] sixteen items for Squeakland 2012 - item 7: Single step debugger

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 17:03:03 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Ricardo Moran <richi.moran at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 8:04 PM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> (...)
>>
>> New button is nice. but it must have a little bigger gap between the
>> triangle and the line.
>> See scaled screen cap where the two elements blend together.
>

> How about now? I made the gap 2 pixels wide.

Gap i nicer now when I scale down the screen.

>> But we also have the ! button. And the Step button in the AllScriptsTool
>>
>> Should we add a new button for single stepping or should we repurpose a
>> old button ?
>

> I think the ! button serves a different purpose and we can't use it, and
> IMHO the Step button in the AllScriptsTool looks really ugly on the script
> editor :)

Yaeh, some og the old widgets look a bit strange.
I think we can use the buttons asthey are..

> If we are going to reuse an old button, I think the book's next page looks
> quite nice.

I tested one edge case that we have to look at.
The World viewer has a value 'batch pentrails'.

When that is true, the script just pit the player at the last position
in the script.

The stepper goes trough each line, so the result differs.

So a script:

car forward: 50
car turn: 90
car forward: 50
car turn: 90
car forward: 50
car turn: 90
car forward: 50
car turn: 90

You will get different results for single stepping and other execution
of that method.

Karl