[squeakland] How to put eToys projects in a browser to run, like Illinois?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Feb 15 03:13:58 EST 2012

On 14.02.2012, at 22:56, R.D. Latimer wrote:

> Okay, thanks, I'll try again.  I put a link in to the actual project
> code?  When I do this, the program loads up eToys, then loads in the
> project.  The Illinois version looks like it's running in the browser.
> In the html file I'm using <a href=" the project file name ">

Simplest is to link to Squeakland's project launcher, e.g.:

http://squeakland.org/launcher?http://freudenbergs.de/bert/etoys/OLPC-XO-Display.pr

You need to replace the part after the "?" with the *full* URL to your project.

Alternatively, you could replicate the page generated by the launcher (just look at its source), but you will have to maintain the launcher code yourself then.

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Steve Thomas <sthomas1 at gosargon.com> wrote:
>> Randy,
>>
>> The plug-in needs to be installed on the computer.  If its Windows or Mac,
>> simply go to downloads page on www.squeakland.org and install Etoys.
>>  Unfortunately we do not have a plug-in for Linux.

What makes you say that? Of course there is a browser plugin for Linux.

We just do not provide full Linux downloads on the Squeakland website, because each Linux distribution already has their own Etoys package ready to install.

(possibly this should be mentioned on the download page)

- Bert -