[squeakland] How to put eToys projects in a browser to run, like Illinois?

mokurai at earthtreasury.org mokurai at earthtreasury.org
Wed Feb 15 17:47:47 EST 2012

On Tue, February 14, 2012 3:31 pm, R.D. Latimer wrote:
> I'd like to run eToys projects through a browser, like Illinois has
> done  with their Library Collections -
> http://etoysillinois.org/library?tags=CS4K5%20Grade%201
>
> How do they do this.  It looks like with the eToys plugin, clicking on
> the link to the project in my browser will open up eToys software.
> The Illinois version looks like it's running within the browser, that
> looks like a better way.

This capability would be extremely valuable for the Sugar Labs program for
Replacing Textbooks. We need to be able to integrate software into
learning materials in order to integrate it into the curriculum. Until
study, classroom work and homework can be done using the same software for
all students, we cannot convince school boards that one-to-one computing
is not only viable, but necessary.