[squeakland] [etoys-dev] Keyboard support

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 22:50:57 EST 2012

On Wednesday 22 Feb 2012 6:57:19 AM Ricardo Moran wrote:
> I don't know. I see this as a conceptual unit and splitting it in two
> packages seems too complicated for such a simple morph. Also, I see no
> value in adding it to the Morphic package since its only purpose lies
> within Etoys. I mean, without Etoys why would you want this morph?
> So, I'll just put it in a new generic category "Etoys-Input".
Ricardo,

It is not about what is it *is* but about what it *can be*. I suppose you can
check them into Etoys for now and then devs interested in the larger scope
could factor them out.

I had future smartphones and handhelds in mind when I recommended that
KeyPress be put into Morphic-Events. Your code may appear small and trivial to
you but for people creating morphic apps bringing up soft-keyboards just for
a few control keys is an overkill. Sprinkling these soft buttons around or
making custom soft-key panels is a better idea.

Regards .. Subbu