[squeakland] eToys questions - creating a sketch for a backdrop image - 'stage'

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:39:11 EST 2012

On Monday 27 Feb 2012 10:36:46 AM R.D. Latimer wrote:
> Thanks for the help on painting the playfield.
> If I resize the playfield - should the painting resize also? I think
> mine painting on the playfield stays the same size.
Painting a playfield (or World) just embeds a sketch morph into it. Keep
clicking on the sketch till you get its halo and then script its length and
width to track those on the playfield. BTW, you will find 'repaint' button on
the World's halo too.

> Also - is it possible to undo actions, like if I accidentally delete a
> background painting or delete a playfield.
Just drag the deleted object from the trash back into your project.

> And also - can I duplicate scripts, make copies - not siblings - so I
> can save time using scripts with similar blocks.
There are many ways in which you can have non-siblings be driven by the same
script. For instance, you can put all such objects into an invisible holder
and use 'Holder's tell all contents'. See Bert's video on Pythagoras theorem
for some more hints.

HTH .. Subbu