[squeakland] Calendar fixes

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:00:35 EST 2012


Hi guys,

Given the recent interest in the CalendarMorph, I've been working on it a
little more (see the project attached). Now I find it much more responsive
by just deferring the update of the GUI (which is expensive) in the #step
method. I also fixed the issue with the translations not updating when
changing languages. Now the month names and day initials should get updated
but the problem is that we don't have translations for them yet in the
database, so you won't notice this until we add them.

Important for developers: I changed the way the locale changes are notified
to morphs. See Project>>#updateLocaleDependentsWithPreviousSupplies:gently:
and Morph>>#localeChanged. Basically, I just send #localeChanged to all
morphs and I have the default implementation in Morph doing nothing. I
think this is much better than before because now any morph can get
notified of locale changes by just implementing the #localeChanged method,
but I wanted to ask for your opinion on this.

Cheers,
Richo
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/squeakland/attachments/20120104/2b4d6bea/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Calendario.005.pr
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 151784 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/squeakland/attachments/20120104/2b4d6bea/attachment-0001.obj>


More information about the squeakland mailing list