[squeakland] [etoys-dev] sixteen items for Squeakland 2012 - item 7: Single step debugger

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 18:04:39 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Ricardo Moran <richi.moran at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Scott Wallace <
> scott.wallace at squeakland.org> wrote:
>
>> 7. Single Step Debugger
>

> Hi, I made a new picture for the step button in the script editors. A new
> project is attached for you to test and review.
>
> The new button looks like this:
> [image: StepMe.png]
>
> and the old one:
> [image: StepMe (bug).png]
>
> Of course, it's up to you to decide which form to use (or propose a new
> one).
> I don't really care much for the button's form anyway, but I'm *very*
> interested in the "stepping" feature.

New button is nice. but it must have a little bigger gap between the
triangle and the line.
See scaled screen cap where the two elements blend together.

But we also have the ! button. And the Step button in the AllScriptsTool

Should we add a new button for single stepping or should we repurpose a old
button ?

Karl