[squeakland] [IAEP] Has anyone build a set of gears in Etoys or any other freely available program?

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 15:32:43 EDT 2012

On 07/07/2012 06:19, Alan Kay wrote:
> Yes, we did experiment with gears in Etoys many years ago, and I think we tried one or two experiments with gears at the Open School.
>

> This is a case where lots of the goodness of the gears idea lies in the physical world, and just giving kids a simulation of gears lacks "juice".
Agree.
Once at a science feast, we used with kids physical gears  and emulated
gears with Etoys, but we  realized simulated gears did not make much sense.

May be with simulated gears it could be a little better. I am curious
about your simulation with collision detection.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo -- http://drgeo.eu