[squeakland] problems importing pictures into etoys project

Luis Valente is.valente at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 12:19:51 EDT 2012

Dear friends,
I'm in troubles with a project from one of my young students. The kid needs
to import a picture form documents folder, but all the attempts aren't
succeed. I think it is because is user name in windows has an "é" (e
accute). So every time he tries to place the image in a etoys project he
get a error message wich I cant reproduce from memory.
I suspect it is related to UTF8 coding. Few months ago, I found that
etoys-to-go wasn't functioning in a laptop width Windows 7! The user name
computer's was "mariajosé" so, I edited the etoys.ini to reflect the path
were .image was using changing th username "mariajosé" to "mariajosé" and
corrected the problem.
So, I'm asking how can I do to solve permanently the problem width pictures
my little student is facing?
Thanks

Luis