[squeakland] Translators needed

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Mar 7 12:59:42 EST 2012

Hi all,

we rely on the infrastructure provided by OLPC / Sugar Labs for translating Etoys. Chris, who is leading the translation efforts, reminded me to call for volunteers helping to translate. I am forwarding his message below.

Helping is easy: you simply go to

	http://translate.sugarlabs.org/

and pick some project and language, and start translating. If you want to get more involved, see the FAQ for how to subscribe to the mailing list etc.

Developers can also help making the job of translators easier. Here are some tickets where translators have requested changes to Etoys that go beyond simple typos:

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-950
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-695
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-681
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-680
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-675

We will not get all of these fixed for 5.0 (e.g. adding proper plural forms requires some real coding, and we are in feature freeze by now) but maybe some of these would really be low-hanging fruit ...

Thank you, and please share this widely!

- Bert -

PS: Maybe you could even recruit a friend who is not involved with Etoys yet, but speaks another language than you :)

Begin forwarded message: