[squeakland] How to share in 5.0?

Guyren Howe guyren at me.com
Sat Oct 6 15:39:52 EDT 2012

The online manual, which appears to cover 4.0, says I should have a circle-with-a-dot-in-the-middle button in my toolbar that enables me to share with other users, presumably on the local LAN.

But my copy of 5.0 doesn’t show this button.

In the object catalog, I can find Nebraskaserver and Badge, but no information about how to use them, and I can’t work out how to use them by myself.

Which leads to: sharing is either removed (why?) or carefully hidden (why?) and poorly or not documented (why?).

I’m going to be demoing eToys for my school district’s technology committee soon, and being able to show that it can share would help to convince them to start using eToys.

Thanks.