[squeakland] Etoys for touch screens

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Thu Oct 11 13:15:56 EDT 2012

Wonderful (as usual).

I love the idea of using these on a Smartboard where kids can play with
them and everyone can see.

Some ideas:
1) For Pencil Art - Allow the kids to:

   1. Modify the colors in the pencil
   2. See and change the script values so they can see how changing the
   numbers make different designs

2) For Red Rim/Orpheum Puzzel (and any Tanagrams in general)

   1. Allow the kids to rotate and flip the objects
   2. Allow the kids to create their own tanagrams (this might be better at
   a touch screen station where kids can build and share their projects -
   which get posted to the Museam Lobby with appropriate credit and a picture
   of the kid who created it).

Really great stuff,
Thanks for sharing,
Stephen