[squeakland] Etoys for touch screens

Harness, Kathleen kharness at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 12 07:02:44 EDT 2012

Steve,
Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

It was fun to make these projects for the museum. The director will be teaching her staff how to open these projects from the flash drive with Etoys-to-Go. Maybe they will want to learn some Etoys so they could go deeper into it as one of the museum offerings. At this time, children will not be authors but rather use the projects more like an app.

For the future, we are piloting Etoys in three local middle schools so we might have a cadre of teenagers who could volunteer there and then all kinds of new projects will be added.

Have you tried the Makey Makey? I plan to order one.
Kathleen