[squeakland] Etoys for touch screens

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:04:33 EDT 2012

On Friday 12 Oct 2012 11:19:56 AM Harness, Kathleen wrote:
> RE: [squeakland] Etoys for touch screens
> From: "Harness, Kathleen" <kharness at illinois.edu>
> To: "K. K. Subramaniam" <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com>, "squeakland at squeakland.org"
> <squeakland at squeakland.org> Subbu,
> What a great a idea! I know kids would love move shapes with their voice.
> Wait, I would love to move shapes with my voice!

Just after shooting of my earlier mail, I saw this talk on TED:

http://www.ted.com/talks/john_maeda_how_art_technology_and_design_inform_creative_leaders.html

Skip to around 7m10s for an interesting use of sound for interaction.

My daughter once created a project to pilot an airplane using voice and tried
it successfully with some neighborhood kids. However, it was too much for a
small home to bear :-(. Anyway she did have lots of fun programming it.

Regards .. Subbu