[squeakland] World menu

mokurai at earthtreasury.org mokurai at earthtreasury.org
Fri Sep 7 21:47:23 EDT 2012

I have discovered by trying many combinations that alt-shift-w brings up
the World menu in Etoys on Ubuntu. I have added that and some other
information to

http://booki.flossmanuals.net/etoys-reference-manual/_edit/

and I am about to add the keyboard shortcuts for the XO. (I have two of
them, which I have named Thing1 and Thing2.)...First pass, done now.

Apparently I now know how to apply all that I know of Squeak (not a lot,
but increasing) within Etoys, by bringing up menus that allow me to bring
up everything else.

Is there a design document for Etoys explaining what its intention is? Am
I right in thinking that it is meant to provide a greatly restricted
programming environment on the surface, where only a few Squeak/Smalltalk
objects and methods are available without going behind the scenes, chosen
for younger children?

--
Edward Mokurai
(默雷/निशब्दगर्ज/نشبدگرج)