[squeakland] World menu

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Sep 11 04:46:10 EDT 2012

On 2012-09-10, at 21:18, mokurai at earthtreasury.org wrote:

> Rita, could you check your e-mail settings, and see if you can turn on
> Unicode, so as not to mangle my signature block?

This is not Rita's fault. You are sending them incorrectly.

Your messages come in as plain ASCII:

and they do have these ASCII sequences in it:

	(默雷/निशब्दगर्ज/نشبدگرج)

It is entirely correct for an email client to show these characters just like that. No interpretation is supposed to be performed.

You need to configure your email client to use UTF-8 instead of ASCII if you want Unicode chars in it. You appear to be using a web mailer running SquirrelMail. SquirrelMail can be configured to use UTF-8. Possibly you need to contact the iPage.com support team for that.

HTH,

- Bert -