[squeakland] Etoys on Chromebook?

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 07:06:50 EST 2013

On Wednesday 06 February 2013 12:32 AM, Michael McKelvey wrote:
> Hello Squeakland community,
>
> I'm hoping someone out there can give me a definitive answer on trying
> to use Etoys on a Chromebook.

Etoys on Chromebook would be an "impedance mismatch". Etoys is designed
to run mostly standalone (big image on local disk) while Chromebook is
designed to work like an Internet terminal. While it may be possible to
squeeze Etoys into this model with some brain surgery, I don't see it as
viable in the long term compared something like Lively Kernel on Chromebook.

Regards .. Subbu