[squeakland] Unlocking etoys

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jan 17 09:43:32 EST 2014

On 17.01.2014, at 13:57, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2014, at 6:56 AM, "Bert Freudenberg [via Smalltalk]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Maybe you'll remember it's also in the world's halo menu?
>
> Another good tip. Thank you. Maybe that would be good to put in the help (like if you're curious about what's underneath etoys…)? Or is it hidden on purpose...

It is hidden on purpose, yes. There are entries too dangerous to play with there.

For exploring the underlying system we have the "etoys source" menu, which on the OLPC laptop is mapped to a special key.

On other machines you can bring it up with Cmd-comma. But we really should replace the entry in the world's halo menu with this one, because currently there is no way to bring up the source menu without knowing the shortcut.

- Bert -