[squeakland] from: John Voiklis

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Mon Oct 6 11:57:53 EDT 2014

Note: This is SPAM

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 8:15 PM, John Voiklis <voiklis at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi squeakland
>

> http://PARSAUTOMART.com/fun.php?region=vzymbwcvgf3502emya
>
> voiklis at gmail.com

To some of us, writing computer programs is a fascinating game. A program
is a building of thought. It is costless to build, weightless, growing
easily under our typing hands. If we get carried away, its size and
complexity will grow out of control, confusing even the one who created it.
This is the main problem of programming. It is why so much of today's
software tends to crash, fail, screw up.

When a program works, it is beautiful. The art of programming is the skill
of controlling complexity. The great program is subdued, made simple in its
complexity.

- Martin Harverbeke (from Eloquent JavaScript
<http://eloquentjavascript.net/index.html>)