[squeakland] [Squeakland News] How to do timing in Etoys?

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 16:51:53 EDT 2014

Hi Rita,

I wrote about this same subject a couple of weeks ago:
http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/2014/08/physical-etoys-tips-time-handling-part-1/.
My approach is a little different, though. I like Etoys ability to
represent concepts visually, and I think time is one of those concepts :)

The example I chose is about Physical Etoys because I see this question
come up very often when programming robots (and also because I
had an old video of a simple traffic light built with leds that I wanted to
use), but of course it applies to any Etoys project.

I'm planning to write a follow up to that article but using the Playfield's
timer instead. I think each approach has its own merits so if you don't
mind I'll post a link to your blog.

Cheers,
Richo