[squeakland] Just a quick thing

Jeremy Landry hakyoku at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:47:33 UTC 2018

A couple of friends of mine were kicking around an idea of a 'space golf'
game and to encourage them to follow through, I kicked together this super
quick demo.

https://youtu.be/NMuJszOORqo

LIkely this will also end up in Etoys Club.

It creates a starfield by copying a prototype and basically the 'stars'
will loop using built in Etoys commands like Wrap under the movement
category.  The playfield is in a book, so I can hide the edges of it where
wrap isn't 'pretty'. Then for hte planets, I set it up so that if you click
them, they memorize their 'home' location to reset the level and they don't
wrap. They all respond to an event called 'ScrollSpace' which is broadcast
by the 'player's' sphere in the center of the screen.

Basically, the planets are free to move forever inside of the playfield but
the stars repeat, giving the impression that space and these stars go on
forever, but as you can see at the bottom of the screen, there's only a
limited number of stars in the playfield.