[squeakland] Question about Audio Buffer/Timing

Jeremy Landry hakyoku at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 22:44:21 UTC 2018

Hi, I made a quick audio sequencer test in Etoys and found that there's a
hidden 'timer' that limits the responsiveness of new sounds that go into
the playback buffer (terminology isn't accurate, but hopefully it makes
sense to people).

I found the sound buffer setting, but was wondering if there's something
else that limits how fast new sounds get added to the playback stream? I
read somewhere (old-man-aphasia here) that some code was added to prevent
overloading the buffer so surely there's a snippet of code I could add to a
project to reverse this, if it's what is causing the delay?

Thanks for any help finding the solution.