[squeakland] [Newbies] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2018

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Wed Jan 10 15:12:49 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Thank you to everyone that has stepped up to run for the board.  These are
some excellent candidates!

We now have 6 candidates for 7 spots.  I would like to encourage you to run
even after we have 7 candidates for 7 spots.  Having more than 7 candidates
shows your support for the community.  Your willingness to run even if you
might not win shows your support for the community.  Simply by raising your
voice, you can help change the direction of where Squeak is going even if
you don't win. The board that is eventually elected will have more of an
idea where the community stands and confidence to navigate changes or
to stay on the current course..  We have great community members that have
never run for the board.  Please reach out to them and encourage them to
run!  We also are lacking in female board members.  Do you know an active
committed female Squeak community member?

Marcel Taeumel
Bert Freudenberg
Tim Rowledge
Eliot Miranda