[squeakland] Possible Bug?

Jeremy Landry hakyoku at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 21:49:31 UTC 2018

I haven't investigated it into the Etoys source, but I found this bizarre
bug, likely appearing due to a number being turned into an integer when
it's odd, but I cannot figure out why it would be called at all...

Included is a project that demonstrates this bug.  I looked at the
individual pieces and they aren't 'personally' responsible, but when
working as a unit, they then exhibit the bug.

​
 custom window demos.013.pr
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nefep7r-gSbJ5xyLGKbWUU54ozFlzNid/view?usp=drive_web>
​

Basically what seems to cause it is resizing nested playfields via script.
R​​esizing with morphic handles works fine, but when sending an Etoys
'LENGTH' change, somewhere along the line, things go wrong.  Again, my
guess is that some number is getting changed into an integer from a
floating point, and thus getting rounded up, which would shift it up when
it's not a floating point number any longer.  However, this doesn't explain
why it doesn't have the same symptom when changing WIDTH.

Thanks for any insight into dealing with this.  I'm not exactly sure where
to begin looking within the Etoys Source to make things work as expected
since there's likely 30 reasons (read: random object methods) why this
might occur and only for vertical change/LENGTH change.